Monday, May 20, 2013

Must Have Mondays

I am linking up with Teaching With A Touch Of Twang today for Must Have Mondays!!



My must have, since I am still a substitute teacher, is very detailed lesson plans! In a huge district with 7 elementary schools, it's very common that I walk into a room without detailed lesson plans.

The more details the better! I know how important structure is and it's difficult to keep that structure when detailed plans are not given. So I am very thankful for this must have!



You don't understand how nice it is to work in rooms that are organized, ready and detailed! Some days I walk away feeling like I wasted a day trying to figure out how to run certain activities, and I get tired of hearing "No we don't!" and "Yes we do!".

Some classes are better at "Do I look like Mrs. So-and-so? Is it okay if I do things a little differently?" However, some classes cannot handle any change at all.

So my must have, is detailed and organized lessons when I walk in!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up Stephanie! So glad you found me! I completely agree with you. Now that it is the end of the year, my students are not handling subs well, and I have one tomorrow?!?! Only four more days though! Congrats on the job also :o)

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did they do for the sub?

      I'm jealous of how many days you have left. But we also don't start until after Labor Day... so I do enjoy that August weather!

      Delete
  2. I always leave very specific and detailed lesson plans for my subs. I was a sub before I taught and there was nothing worse than vague plans!

    I've been following you on Instagram and finally made it over to follow your blog. Stop by mine tomorrow for a giveaway!!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete