Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ice Cream Scoop Sight Word Word Wall

I'm not a huge fan of typical word walls. I don't really know why, I just never was. Even with the word work station, I just don't feel they are useful enough for the students.

So. I came up with my own word wall. They are grouped together, not alphabetically, but by levels. Each student will start with an empty cone at the beginning of the school year. They will work on mastering the sight words under the white "vanilla" level. Once it's mastered, they get to add a scoop of vanilla to their cone and will then work on the pink "strawberry" level.

There are a total of 9 levels, and 108 sight words total. These sight words are considered level A, and good for Pre-K, Kindergarten or First.


I set the first 4 levels up in my room today! I printed the flash cards on colored card stock that matched the level color. I'm going to have to search for some brown card stock!


So all of this can be yours!! Just check out my TPT page!

And as the teachers in my school said, "Just another chevron thing to add to your room!"

No comments:

Post a Comment