Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Class Pet Weekend Journal - FREEBIE!!

In preparing for September, I finished our weekend journal activity!



I'm offering it up for FREE on TPT!

If any of you follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed one similar with fun Scrappin' Doodle graphics. Well, I haven't bought the licence yet to sell it on TPT. I'm only allowing myself a certain amount of money per month to spend on school since I'm going to be buying either a laptop or iPad or other table of sorts soon. I would have bought it already, but darn Target $1 section got in my way!!


For this specific journal, you do need to purchase a book and stuffed animal. The book is "Scute's Ocean Adventure" and it is written by the employees at the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Scute’s Ocean Adventure tells the tale of a loggerhead sea turtle’s journey from the nest out to the open ocean. Scute interacts with an array of coastal and marine characters, until an unfortunate event lands him in the helpful hands of Dr. Norton. Dr. Norton, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center’s one and only veterinarian, helps Scute make a full recovery and returns him back to a life at sea.

While any sea turtle stuffed animal can be purchased, since I was ordering from the website anyways, I bought the Big Eye Plush Turtle from them as well. I'm thinking I should have bought 2, just in case.

I am going to have a colleague drop off the box to my room, after I open it the book will be on top. I'll read the book and then the letter from Scute himself! He asks our class to take care of a turtle that was hurt and needs our help. The students will take the turtle home on the weekends and record their adventures in the journal.

Since my class will be small, the students will be able to take the turtle home possibly 3-4 times during the year! I cannot wait to compare their creative writing skills.

Please leave feedback if you downloaded it or used it! Feedback will only make my downloads better!

No comments:

Post a Comment