Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Printables to send home

I'm starting to work on more items for my classroom! Setting up the room is getting there, there's still a lot more to do... but i'm getting there!

So while i'm home, and doing a plethora of laundry that I've been slacking on, I figured i'd work on a few items for my room.

The first thing I figured I'd work on, is the weekly newsletter. With birthdays, fun memories, objectives, and special notes just from me. Just to give the parents an idea on what we will be working on.


I plan on sending this home every Monday. I would love to send it home on Fridays, but at my school Friday is a half day and there's just not enough time. Plus, sometimes, I'm not 100% planned for the next week. Please tell me I'm not the only one who waits until the last minute to plan?


The next thing I made is a calendar. We send home monthly calendars to the parents with important dates, as well as journal questions. Journals are to be completed at home as a part of homework. A lot of the teachers go to a website and make their own calendar on there. I decided I wanted to carry my chevron theme to a lot of things, so why not the monthly calendar?


I added in the holidays we observe, and will add in more dates as time goes on. This is also good for my teacher binder!



The Weekly Newsletter and the Calendar are available at my TPT store for only $1!!!





I worked on my Meet The Teacher Letter, which is adapted from the ones all over Pinterest.



And then, I worked on the dreaded supply list. I have seen many of my non-teacher friends on Facebook blow up about the supply list. They cannot believe teachers ask for so much and how they ask for specific brands. I try to defend us teachers, I try my hardest, but some people just don't understand it from our point of view.

I didn't think writing up the supply list would be so hard. Yes, I do ask for specific brands. A) I know what works. B) There's also a fairness issue. Even though I am very big about kids learning that sometimes life isn't fair and we all don't get the same things, we get what we need.... just sometimes, if I can avoid the green eyed monster with who has crayola crayons and who doesn't, I'll avoid it!

My parent friends also don't understand why teachers don't want you to label all of your items. They feel it's going into a big pot and your 2nd box of crayons might go to a child who's parents didn't buy him supplies... ... and while yes, that might be the case. The real case behind it is when your child needs that 2nd box of crayons, I don't want to shovel through all of the extra boxes of crayons to find the one specific box that is your childs! I want to just grab one and go.

And so, the dreaded list is done. I tried to keep a lot off of the items I really really wanted. I am going to go buy some items that I want specific types of... like plastic folders. But, I hope no parents complain!


So that's that! I worked on a lot today and will start working hard on a few more items. I have a lot on my "to do" list in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment