Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year, New Me!

Happy New Year! If there's one thing about me you should know, I really don't like making resolutions. I don't see December 31st as a time to reflect on my last year and make changes for the upcoming year. Reflection and changing happens all the time, if not every day.

However, with the winter break I did a lot of thinking about my classroom. Having this classroom as my own, still doesn't seem real to me. Having gone 10 years in other peoples classrooms, I still feel that my classroom is someone elses. That i'm just holding it for them. Even though I painted it, moved furniture and set it up. Even though i'm there every day! Well, except for one day when the stomach bug hit me hard.

So, with this feeling, I haven't saving anything.... no extra copies tucked away, no folders full of papers I may not use. True, I have a whole thumb drive FULL of items. But they're not categorized, they're not organized.

So my new year's resolution is to be more organized!! So I bought some file folders and I have started placing all of them items I will use in it. It's slow... and most of the work I've done have actually been these past few days when I should have been in school! But thanks to Mr. Weather, we had two snow days!

So Monday it's back to the grind, and luckily I have 3 breaks to work more on the organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment